My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://green-mom.com/category/recipes/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chia pudding and homemade milk

Milk in any shape or forms can get very expensive for a family of four like us. We mainly drink oat and almond milk here. Now Noah has started to drink "regular" milk too so I decided to make my own oat and sesame seed milk when we ran out today. Super easy and Noah like it better than store bought one. I think it has to do with that it taste like his oatmeal he eats everyday. Anyway all you need is a blender (in my case I used a hand held blender) and something to strain milk in such as a cheese cloth or a nut milk bag (what I had). I keep my milk in a glass bottle or pitcher in the fridge and it will last a couple of days. You have to stir or shake it be roe serving as with any vegetarian milks.


Noah entertaining himself while I cook:)
From the milk I also made a chia pudding that I ate for breakfast. I've talked about chia seeds before and it's super nutrition. Chia seeds it part of our daily foods and I love giving it to the kids for what better way for them to ripe its benefits of protein, Omega 3 and calcium. Chia pudding gets you going in the morning, is a low fast and low glycemic index food and will keep you for a long time. This recipe was based on one on my RAW food Goddess and friend Wendy's web site

Oat and sesame seed milk
1/2 cup old fashion oats
1/4 cup un-hulled sesame seeds
4 cups water
1 pinch of sea salt
1 tbs maple syrup (more if you want it sweeter)

Combine everything in a blender and process for a minute or two. Strain milk and it's done. Now was that not super easy????
Chia and raspberry breakfast pudding (or a great snack)
1 cup milk of your choice 
1 1/2 tbs chia seeds
1 tbs maple syrup
1/2 cup raspberries (or use any other berry instead)
1 tbs bee pollen

Combine milk, chia seeds and maple syrup in a food processor or blender and mix for 1 minutes. In a small bowl stir in the raspberries and place in fridge overnight or an hour at least. Before serving sprinkle bee pollen over.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yum! I can't wait to try this! Thank You ;)