My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://green-mom.com/category/recipes/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Chia blueberry smoothie

Chia seeds are something we eat on a daily bases here in either sprinkled on our oatmeal or in a chia pudding. I love chia seeds because if you soak them in water they become a gel which is perfecta to use for making vegan or raw puddings. They also are nutritional booms filled with omega-3 fatty acids, fibers, proteins, vitamins and antioxidants.

Today I added them to a smoothie I made for me and Bella as a  snack. Bella called it purple milk because it looked like that. I had added Green super foods but the blueberries masked the color so Bella didn't see them. Whenever I make a green smoothie for us I make it with blueberries for that reason.





1 tbs chia seeds soaked in a1/4 cup water for at least one hour or over night. 
1 cup coconut water
1/2 cup almond milk
1 ripe pear, peeled and diced
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1 tbs Green super food ( I like Amazing Grass)
1 tbs bee pollen (optional)

Place everything in a blender and mix for a at least one minutes to break up the chia seeds. Sprinkle bee pollen on top if choose.

No comments: