My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://green-mom.com/category/recipes/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Buckwheat neatloaf with cauliflower mash

On Sundays I like to make a little more effort and make special food I know kids are crazy about. This Sunday I made a buckwheat neatloaf served with a mashed cauliflower. I love the flavor combination of the two and I love serving cauliflower this way since it's neither kids favorite vegetable. Buckwheat is gluten free despite the name and contains tons of fiber, protein and high dose of Omega-3 and vitamin B so it's a great substitute for meat or soy products.

Neatloaf
1 cup buckwheat cereal
1 cup water
1/4 cup marinated green olives, minced
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp garlic salt
Herb salt to taste
Black pepper to taste


Preheat oven to Bring to a boil water and cereal. Reduce to a simmer and cook until thicken while stirring often, about 5 minutes. Blend buckwheat cereal with olives, sundred tomatoes, herb salt, salt and pepper. Shape into a loaf and place in a well greased baking dish. Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes. 



Mashed cauliflower
1/2 culiflower head, chopped
1 large russet potatoe, peeled and diced
water
2 tbs butter
Milk ( I used almond milk)
2 tsp parsley, minced
Salt & pepper to taste

Combine cauliflower, potato in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until vegetables are soft, about 5-10 minutes. Strain and mash with the butter until it's mash and not too many lumps excist. Add milk until desired concistancy. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.

No comments: